Welcome to the Reception Class.
In our teaching team we currently have Mrs Harris, Mrs Fulton and Mrs Edwards.
We have close links with our Private Nursery Provider and share the same outside classroom. Nursery and Reception form the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Our learning environment is organised into the different areas of learning under the new revised Early Learning Areas 2012.
There are three prime areas of learning:
- Physical Development with a focus on: Moving and Handling and Health and Self-care.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development with a focus on: Self-confidence and Self-awareness, Managing Feelings and Behaviour, Making Relationships.
- Communication and Language with a focus on: Listening and Attention, Understanding and Speaking.
There are also four specific areas of learning:
- Literacy: Reading and writing.
- Mathematics: Numbers and shape, space and measures.
- Expressive Art and Design: Exploring and using media and materials, and Being imaginative.
- Understanding the World: People and communities, the World and Technology.
Throughout the year there will be ongoing observations assessing your child against the following criteria:
- Playing and Exploring – finding out and exploring; Engaging – playing with what they know – being willing to ‘have a go’.
- Active Learning – being involved and concentrating; Motivation – keeping on trying – enjoying achieving what they set out to do.
- Creating and Thinking – having their own ideas; Critically – making links; Thinking – choosing ways to do things.
It is our intention to provide, within the context of our Vision Statement, a broadly enriched, rounded and stimulating learning environment where children can work with adults and peers in a climate of mutual respect to develop;
- Confidence in their ability to learn.
- The social skills necessary to learn.
- The emotional capabilities to enable them to understand their feelings and to solve problems.
- A strong sense of self.
We aim to provide children, with a well-structured, safe, active learning environment both indoors and outdoors. Through the children’s interests and with reference to the Development Matters document, we provide a curriculum that encourages curiosity in a safe and nurturing environment. To strengthen this further, strong relationships are formed with parents through clear communication and a firm foundation of trust. This will enable the children to develop the skills, attitudes and understanding that will form the basis of lifelong learning and encourage them to become useful, active members of a diverse and constantly changing society.
Our intention is EYFS is an integral part of the wider school; we join in with the school community which in turn provides a smooth transition to KS1.
Find out what we are learning in Reception (newest webs are at the top):
- Learning Web Summer Term 2
- Learning Web Summer Term 1
- Learning Web Spring Term 2
- Learning Web Spring Term 1
- Learning Web Autumn Term 2
- Learning Web Autumn Term 1
More about our learning: