Governors are volunteers drawn from interest groups such as parents, staff, and members of the local community or businesses.
As a corporate body, the Governing Body work together to be a ‘critical friend’ to the school and ensure that every child receives the best possible education.
In partnership with the Headteacher and other staff, governors are involved in:
- Agreeing the school’s aims and objectives.
- Ensuring all necessary policies and procedures are in place and are working in practice.
- Monitoring and ensuring high standards of teaching and pupil achievement.
- Setting the school’s budget plan and monitoring expenditure.
- Appointing the Headteacher and Deputy and carrying out their Performance Review.
- Being a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher.
The Governing Body have approximately three meetings per term. Governors regularly visit the school, attending training sessions and form working parties to consider specific issues.
Interested in becoming a Governor? Please talk to the Headteacher or the Clerk.
Governors can be contacted via the Clerk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Grove, Chair of Governors
Governing Board Members
|Name||Type of Governor|
|Mr D Grove||Chair of Governors, LA Governor|
|Mr M Ahmed||Vice-Chair, Co-opted Governor|
|Mrs C Baldwin||Co-opted Governor|
|Mrs L Gregory||Co-opted Governor|
|Mrs J Harris||Co-opted Governor|
|Mr J Mole||Parent Governor|
|Miss S Rutherford||Headteacher|
|Mrs L Boffey||Clerk to the Governing Body|
Mrs C Baldwin
Mrs L Gregory
Mr D Grove
Mr J Mole
Other documents relating to the Governing Body:
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Terms of Reference
- Performance and Standards Committee Terms of Reference
- Resources Committee Terms of Reference
Copies of public minutes are available on request via the Clerk.