The children were very excited on their first day back after Easter break. The swimming pool arrived over the holiday and will be used over the next two weeks to support all chidlren to be confident in the water and to be able to swim. The following extract is from the National Curriulcum: 'Swimming is the only sport to be included within the national curriculum physical education programme of study. All primary schools must provide swimming and water safety lessons in either Key Stage 1 or 2. Each pupil is required to be able to do the following: Perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres Use a range of strokes effectively, for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke.'
Hello and welcome to Wheelwright Lane Primary School.
We hope our website will give you a taste of everything that goes on in our school and in the wider community.
And we always welcome feedback on our website and our school, so also please free to leave a nice comment in our Guestbook.
Thank you for visiting us, and we hope to see you back again soon!
New Things on our Web…
- 12 May 22: Tune in on Tuesday Newsletter and Diary Dates.
- 06 May 22: Tune in on Tuesday Newsletter.
- 28 Apr 22: Tune in on Tuesday Newsletter and Diary Dates.
- 20 Apr 22: Learning Webs for Autumn 1, Autumn 2 and Spring 1 on our year group pages.
- 15 Apr 22: Details of our phonics scheme on our Reading page.
- 11 Apr 22: Summer term Diary Dates.
- 05 Apr 22: Tune in on Tuesday Newsletter and Diary Dates.
- 05 Apr 22: Teacher Assessment Framework documents for Reading, Writing and Maths.
- 04 Apr 22: Updated Curriculum Implementation and Impact, including Subject Overviews.
- 04 Apr 22: Our School Improvement Plan for 2021/22.
- Previous updates
Our web was last updated on 12 May 2022